My Mom -in-law is a formidable pickle maker. She loves making them and she loves gifting them! I don’t know how to make pickle at all. So recently I asked her to start writing all her Pickle recipes in a diary.
Since mangoes are in season let us start with a Mango pickle!
- Raw mangoes : 2kgs
- Salt : 150gms
- Red chilli powder : 50gms
- Red dried chillies : 100gms
- Fennel : 250gms
- Fenugreek seeds : 250gms
- Turmeric : 50gms
- Mustard oil : 500gms
- Wash and wipe the mangoes. Cut into small pieces.
- Take a glass jar.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except the chillies) with the cut mango pieces.
- Cover and leave for 2 days.
- After 2 days add the mustard oil.
- Cover and keep jar in the sun.
- After a further 2 days check the pickle. The oil should be hot enough to cook the mango.
- Add the dried chillies.
- The pickle will be ready to eat after another 4-5 days.